This test verifies that JauntePE provides portably packaged apps with the means to use portable data even when the app makes use of non-portable folder paths stored in text files.
To perform this test, you'll be creating a portable package folder for the xmplay music player. So the first thing you'll need to do is download the latest xmplay zip archive. Along with the music player, you'll need to add music to the portable package so that it will be available to the app to play portably.
Before beginning with the test steps given below, make sure you have the latest nightly build version of JauntePE.
- Start JauntePE.
- Change the package type via the New button's C Drive down arrow menu item.
- View the portable package's contents via a left click on the Package Contents tab.
- Add a C Drive folder via the Add C Drive Folder right click menu item.
- Browse into the CDrive folder via a left double click.
- Add a Music folder via the right click Add New Folder menu item.
- Browse into the Music folder via a left double click.
- Use a separate Explorer window to select music files to copy into the Music folder. Use the right click menu's Copy menu item after the files are selected.
- Switch back to the JauntePE window.
- Copy those files into the portable package's Music folder via the Paste right click menu item.
- Add the xmplay app via the Add button's App->Install down arrow menu item.
- Browse to the downloaded xmplay zip archive, select it, and copy it's contents into the portable package's Program Files folder via a left click on the Open button.
- Make a launcher for the xmplay app via a left double click on its entry in the In-Package Apps List list.
- Portably run XMPlay via a left double click on its launcher.
- Close down XMPlay's Welcome popup message box via a left click on the OK button.
- Close down Notepad's xmplay.txt window via a left click on the titlebar's X button.
- Close down XMPlay's secondary list window via a left click on the X button.
- Use XMPlay's + (Add to list) button to open an Explorer browser window.
- Make the C: drive's root folder the current browse folder via the Look in drop down list.
- Browse into the Music folder.
- Select one or more of the files you previously added to the portable package. If there's also a C:\Music folder on the pc, you may see more files than those you added to the portable package. Don't select any of those files since they won't be available portably.
- Use XMPlay's > (Play/Pause) button to start play back of the selected music.
- Use XMPlay's X (Close) button to close it down.
- Close JauntePE.